Friday, June 27, 2008

The great FUEL dilemma

Well, the latest I heard and was totally amused is that, people are actually renting cars, removing gasoline from them and returning the rental car filled with water. Ok, so thatz what like maybe about 15-20 gallons...sure not that big of a deal. But wait till you read this....some other smarties are going for the U-Haul trucks...wow now thatz a whooping 25-30 gallons I guess....thatz smart innit? I couldnt believe my ears when I heard that some people have gone that desperate.
Follow some tips and save gas.....dont brake or hit the gas pedal too fast, uses up too much fuel. Dont go beyond 65 mph, again uses too much gas to go faster than required, also get the tires and engine checked regularly and don't idle your engine for too long, turn it off. Try to go inside McD's instead of going through the Drive-thru. I'm not sure about this one, but some say A/c uses up some gas...but I think in newer cars....that doesn't apply, but who doesn't like fresh air...so turn off your Air Conditioner for short distances and crack open a window or two. And finally, dont load your car with heavy stuff if its not necessary, makes the engine work harder.
Hope this helps! My husband is sure happy that I will be driving around town a lot slower than I used to! Thats my two cents!.

No comments: