Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I don't support.....

I've been thinking, thinking a lot! I don't think I am supporting the Pink Chaddi campaign. Somehow, the idea seems unappealing to me, I would rather the thugs be punished than sent underwear. 

Those guys are so downright cheap, that they would sell those chaddis and make money out of it or worst....hand them back to every girl/woman they see doing 'immoral' deeds or wearing inappropriate clothes per se! *Rolling eyes* Now that doesn't mean I am scared of them, but I just think we need to take a more stern approach to it. Something like the Gulabi Gang would work I believe. And another major medium to promote this nonsense of living morally is the entertainment industry. We girls do not like to be bothered, and eve teasing songs do not mean fluttering eyelashes at the end, no means NO! Wearing a sari or a jeans, does not affect our culture or anything else! So please let us be.

So in the end, my opinion on the campaign is NO!
and I'm as sick as sick can be! tch tch poor annie!

4 comments:

PoP said...

Did you hear this?
Pramod Muthalik has chosen to respond to the Pink Chaddi Campaign by buying sarees as a return giftfor the chaddi-givers...lol .. and he also wants to debate Indian culture with them.

Annie said...

yes I did........soon after i wrote this post.....and i was like o yes what else would you expect them to do....i heard another view which had me ROFL
http://indiauncut.com/iublog/article/sarees-for-chaddis/

PoP said...

lol, I did read Indiauncut, its funny

Indian Home Maker said...

Think again. ...the venerable Shri P Muthalik has been hanged by his own nada. Hey Ram! His Sene has pushed otherwise sane people into buying armloads of soppy cards ... it has thrust upon V-Day a popularity it could never have dared hope for in its mushiest dreams.
.. moral/cultural protests - provoke fence-sitters to get off their butts and take a stand, they also force into the fray those who couldn't care less about the fence.

... women are not going to lie back and be clamped by such pulse-less wonders as Shri M. The sexism of the SRS (or SS or VHP) will continue to be challenged by the new IT girls. And by all men with brains, or at least a survival instinct. The Consortium of Pub-going, Loose and Forward Women must drink to that. ... it will not enlist the services of the Mahila Mandal Commission.

Officially constituted, and duly gazetted, the OFC (Other Forward Classes) will be better positioned to shoot down such semantic incongruities as a drunk male being 'tight' but a drinking female being 'loose'. In fact, 'Forward' may become as desirable as 'Backward' once OFC leaders begin wresting quotas and reservations from a grudging male chauvinist polity.