Friday, January 23, 2009

Let me tell you a secret....

...shhhhh......don't let it out or we'll be in trouble!!!
Around 1000 posts on my reader, gosh I didn't have the patience to go through them, I was so spooked. I had 2 options.....
Option #1: to actually read all of them
Option #2: "Mark all as Read"

hehehe......well, I took the easy way out and well, you might've guessed by now what was my preference. I feel so relieved, or do I feel guilty? Hmm, now don't you go rolling your eyes making it worse for me, anyways, it doesn't matter. 

Whatevs, I now am reading free. Btw, where is that book I ordered, it's been a week and hasn't arrived yet, hmph, time to check order status. I am soooo waiting for it, especially since I am done reading Love Story by Eric Segal. This is one book (oh wait the other is The Great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald, so that makes it 2)...ok I stand corrected, these are the 2 books that have been sittting in my bookshelf for so long and I was pretending they don't exist, for the simple reason that they are classics and love stories and are based in the 40' s - 60's and you know what the result of it would be.......sad ending and that would leave me sobbing to eternity. But, I finally did take up reading LS for the simple reason that I resolved, not to buy any more books until I am done with those that I already own. I cheated a bit, I admit, I read the ending before I even began(which is sooo not like me, coz I like the plot to develop at my own pace! somehow this book had me turning to the last page initially....YAWN!!). I knew the outcome, I knew she would die (oops sorry for those of you who haven't yet read it, spoiler) and I knew I wouldn't like it. To be classified as a classic, I don't quite agree. I thought the story was a-ok, the plot doesn't really showcase their love and at one point I was really doubtful if they were really in love! I wish that there was a little more verbage on their affection towards each other. The only thing that stood out for me was the hero of the book abusing and hating his father, maybe the title shud've been "Hate Story". So my review.....ehh 2 1/2 out of 5. I loved the cover of the book though. 

Now, I wonder when will the 'The Great Gatsby' be read.......I might though, last night I did bring back 2 books from the shelf, one among them is the above mentioned and the other is 'A Painted House' by John Grisham. I don't even remember buying the Grisham book, but nevertheless, it's been long since I read any of his lit., and I am excited about it too. My fave book collection is when my Mr. gifted me the entire Calvin and Hobbes Collector's edition. and the best part, it was a surprise!!! I don't think I was ever so happy on receiving a surprise gift, now he knows the perfect gifts for me come in the form of books and shoes.....and o yeah, chocolates, diamonds, flowers, wine, gadgets, rubies and all other gems, designer wear,  kitchen tools, and the list goes on .................( kya kare, the best things in life come in such lucrative packages)

Btw, I am so possessive and protective about my books and movies that I hate sharing and lending with anyone, even if I trust that person enough to take care of my books, I wont lend it. That's how much I love my books. Well, I did have some experiences in the past where I had to let go of some of my collection and that made me immensely dukhi, every book and every movie I have, comes with a tag of memories and stories and if that is lost, I lose those memories too. Hence, I am what I am. I am still old-fashioned when it comes to books, I still am not able to buy the concept of the Kindle, even though it's sleek, trendy, fast and savvy. Oh and did I tell you, my master took after me, when it comes to reading, the little guy loves his books and loves reading too, sometimes both of us take a book, plop ourselves onto the couch and read away to glory for atleast an hour at a stretch.

Wow, this turned out to be quite a long post, when all I wanted to really put forth was a little tiny secret, whew....good luck reading and if you are reading the entire thing then good job. 
Teen Taali *clap* *clap* *clap*

No comments: