Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hollywood goes Bollywood!

So by now most of y'all might've heard about the various Indian actors (I don't use the word actress here, coz I think its very gender differing, hence actors refers to both male and female) going on Hollywood projects. But the latest I heard this morn on the radio was that Hollywood filmmakers are actually looking at Indians for producing their films. The likes of Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, George Clooney are being associated with Reliance for their multi million $$$ projects. So, outsourcing Hollywood movies too huh? Now thatz called 'globalization'
As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts, looks like India and now Bollywood have become regular words in Hollywood....well Indian food is also not behind. So many people ask me questions about our cuisine and culture and I am so proud to answer all of their questions. Finally, non-Indians will realise that India is about a lot more than just snake-charmers, elephants and poverty right! The new gen of America is being constantly educated about the real current India. I just wish the people who actually are in India would stop imitating the west blindly, and enhance our ancient culture in a positive way.
Proud to be an Indian!

No comments: