Monday, December 15, 2008

What a day!

The past few weeks have been so stressful for us, it was a bedlam. But, it all ended(well, just hoping) with the birthday celebrations for our master who turned 2 over the weekend and it was such a joy. I can't believe he is already 2 years old, life goes so fast. I still remember his first birthday, what a celebration it was! But this was no less either, we had a party with lots of fun. The stress of it all was gone while I was watching my master enjoying and having fun with all the kids as if they were all his long lost friends! He had a ball, and so did we.
My cousin, P and my aunt flew down to be with us, just for the day, we were so glad they could make it, always good to have family around and the joy of having parents over and watching them interact with the kids is a sight that would remain etched in my memory forever. The bond that granparents share with kids is special. We missed you Y, wish you could make it too!
Thanks SB, for helping me out all through, right from the shopping to taking care of the games and keeping the party going. I always am so confident when you are around babes, I know I can always rely on you.
I tried my best to set up a beautiful table, I hope I lived upto my standards. P, your idea of filling those little servers was simply awesome. I finally finished up the fruit platter today.
Somewhere, I was a bit worried that this party would turn out to be more about everyone else(i.e. us adults) rather than being about our master, but I am glad it didn't turn out that way. Our master was the centro de atencion all through and he had a gala time. He was up until almost 2 a.m. playing and having fun. Even after all the kids left, he was up singing rhymes and talking to my aunt and telling her some stories I guess. So cute!
Well, do you think my post would be complete without me mentioning my darling hubby? No way! What do I say about him? He is just the best, helping me all through and helping me stay sane and yes we do make a terrific team. I just hope we made enough memories, so that when we look back on our life, it should bring us a smile....and I hope our master will also cherish them, this is how childhood memories are constructed, to reminisce about for a lifetime!
All in all, for that special day, we put aside all our issues, health worries, and anything else and yes all the effort was so worth it, just because our master's joy knew no bounds. I sure wished we had our parents and the family around, it would've been so much better, but I guess this is the price we pay for what we choose.
Thank you all for the lovely gifts. They are all so perfect!
Yes, I will upload the pics as soon as I can, I can't wait to see them either. I have a project ahead with the birthday pics as well. So, don't you guys worry, you will get the photos soon. And now, I can't wait to go on a small vacation and chill out.

4 comments:

Yamini said...

I missed it too..when mom was talking about it, I was picturing the whole thing..it is truly an amazing experience :)...Hope to meet u all soon ..It's never been so long

Annie said...

I know, it's been a year...the longest ever!

Anonymous said...

amazing!!!

I am sure u're making lovely memories as you go along!

here's to many many more!

Annie said...

Thanks you Chandni! I hope all of us enjoy what we do, it'll be so much more peaceful!