Monday, December 8, 2008

My car... a magnet!

O yes, that's what it was for a day on the Friday.
Well, I was at work, and feeling rather sad and not so good about anything as such and yada yada yada, then I was driving back home and got held up in the traffic which was mind you, bumper to bumper, you know, the rush hour kinda deal. I was just 1/2  a mile away from the exit I take on the Interstate and well, I was on a complete stop and guess what I see in the rear view mirror which made me mouth off all the swear words? Another car rushing towards me. At that moment, I thought I was done and then *BAM* it hit me at 50 or 55 mph. My car jolted a bit, and thankfully I didn't hit the vehicle in front of me. Well, the bumper has been the recipient of a few scratches and the spare tire fell off and my vaahan was making a few weird noises at first. In my head, when I saw the approaching vehicle showing no signs of slowing down, my thought was to shift to the next lane, but the one to the right was the exit lane for joining the interstate and vehicles just pop into that lane without much notice, so that woulda been more dangerous, and the left lane was well held up as well, so I had no choice as such but to stay put. Later, when I chatted up with the driver of the colliding car, I got to know that her car hydroplaned, coz it was raining that day and so as a result the brakes were locked. Well, no one was at fault really, but well, it was the first time, I've been the victim of an accident and I was a bit shaken, went back home gave my Mr. and master a tight hug and only then was I comforted that everything's ok. Although, I thanked my lucky stars that my master was home that day and the vehicle that hit me wasn't a huge truck or something similar. I had a few errands to run that day which I conveniently managed to talk myself out of, coz all I really wanted to do was be home with me Mr. and master, now I wish I had finished it off. That reminds me of the famous saying "Kal kare so aaj, aaj kare so abhi". Nevertheless, also reminds me, "Better late than never". I dont know what relevance does this have, it just popped in my mind.
We still have to drop off the car at the dealer, to get it fixed, in the meanwhile I am driving the same, so you know we are ok.
Anyways, other than that, had a pretty rough weekend, dealing with some allergies and flu and work around the house. I am so looking forward to a nice break! Also, been planning and shopping for the upcoming birthday party for my master. I'm so excited for this, gosh, they grow up so fast, I still remember his birthday last year as if it was just yesterday. I still remember the first time the nurse gave him to me and we got introduced to each other. Tch Tch! Life is on a fast pace.

2 comments:

PoP said...

Sorry about the accident and thank god for nothing terrible happened.

And you should add a option in your "Reactions:" saying Feeling Sorry or something like that

Definitely not funny, interesting not cool :)

Annie said...

ok, i'll keep that in mind. Thanks though and yeah I am also so thankful to God for a reason too many!