Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My master a little wonder!

I've been missing blogging, been wanting to blog although I couldn't, so took a few moments off to do my fave thing.....blog!
First off, my master is getting cuter by the day! Everyday on our ride back home after work/school, looking at me wearing my shades, he pulls up his glasses...which he carefully stores in the door pocket of the car. One clarification here is, the sunglasses that he wears are actually mine (why? coz he doesn't like his and always wants mama's). He took an affinity towards these white and brown ones and he thinks they are his...so cute! So anyways, back to the matter at hand... he takes them glasses, wears them and then calls me to show off.....no guessing where he gets all his nakhras from!!(hint: it's moi! haha) and he wears them for the entire ride. Ok, now for the interesting part, sometime in between he removed his shades and called me, I asked him what he needed and he replied, tissue. I said alright maybe he wanted to wipe his face or something. I handed one to him and guess what he does, he starts wiping the lens part of the shades.....I was totally taken by surprise, My God! how can a 23 mth old know he needs to wipe his glasses and how! That made me realise he is observing and imitating our actions. Man, this was a huge wake-up call w.r.t our actions/words/habits. He repeats every word we say and he is almost copying all our actions. He is at an age when he is capable of absorbing and acting out everything, so I'm cutting down on TV time, he can just watch Barney, no more desi MTV too, and he will be getting back to reading books like he used to. Some days when it's just the 2 of us at home, master and I pick up our books and sit down to read, it's fun. Now, Mr. too is preparing and ordering all kinds of reading material for master, I haven't seen Mr. read so much, but alas a child changes us completely.

Well, other than all that kid stuff, I had a pretty rough weekend in a really long time, been having migraines on and off and it's so annoying. But hubby dearest gave me time-off from everything(I don't mean to suggest I am the one who is always working, but a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do) and I was resting all weekend nearly, I will make it upto him this weekend. The girls luncheon was good, nice change for us girls to hang out with each other and also to welcome the new brides. But the rest of the day I was hoping my head would get hit with a hammer to rid myself of the pain. I need to see a doc soon. Then to keep myself occupied and distant from the headaches, I put myself to some constructive work, "An Odyssey", a scrapbook idea that I cooked up. I've selected some pics of just Mr. and I, before our master. I intend to make an album that displays our journey of 4 years. Looking back at those photos, we realised how much we have changed, especially me. Also, I thank you all who received the pics for those lovely compliments, they made my day. Looking back, I've decided to wear my hair short, the way it was...so chop chop my tresses and rang barse. Now back to work and I shall update if anything interesting comes up. I know this post was meant for master, but I had to add in...as always!

2 comments:

PoP said...

The one thing missing is, a picture of your little master with the sunglasses on :)

Annie said...

Well, either I had to drive or take pics....and the choice is pretty obvious don't u think?