Monday, March 16, 2009

Phonetically speaking

A word that keeps bothering me or rather throwing me into an eternal state of complexity - ESCAPE!
Why.....? you ask? 
Well, here's the explanation.....brace yourselves, coz here it comes....
When I'm driving, or whatever the hell I'm doing, I have a rather weird habit of adding up the  numbers I see or forming words from the words that are in my visibility range. I do the math like it's nobody business and I play a game of word twist in my mind at the speed of lightning......haha alright, at your request no more bragging(aww.....such a spoiler!). 
Anyhoodle....now let's sum up both the points....Driving + weird habit: Do you get it now?
No? yeah well........didn't think so......you need to have brains like mine to interpret my words, which clearly is lacking in your ability. Hey Bhagwaan, here I go taking a detour again!
Okok, before you guys beat me up (hehe, which is highly impossible, coz you can't)......
Driving = looking at car make, model, number/name plate
Weird Habit = adding and twisting words.
So that led to a vehicle which was ahead of me in a single lane road and I had no choice but to follow it(ah, so much despair!). In the meanwhile, being in the weird habit that I have, I started exploring the vehicle and my sight fell on it's model. 
Do you get it atleast now? Huh..........God! Y O Y????
So, I keep driving and  kept thinking what in the world is that car. I know it's a FORD, but I cannot figure out the model....still pondering. Reached home, still pondering.......kept doing my chores, still pondering. Then I forgot. 
Again, next day, started pondering again (can anyone suggest any other word, for pondering? it's getting on my nerves now!) 
This went on for a day or 2 I don't quite remember. Ultimately, it hit me, just like how Newton was hit by the falling apple (*giggles*, yup me is comparing moi to Newton.......grêle newton!)(thanks to Google translator, I would've never known how to say Hail Newton! in French)
That word E-S-C-A-P-E meant ESCAPE and not ES-CAPE (read...ess-kah-pay)..........Whew *wiping forehead*
Man, that was like solving one of the mysteries of the universe!
Well, being the smart being that I am, the same thing happened to me again, but this time, it took me just a few minutes to realise my linguistic skills are not exactly that bad!

No comments: