Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The one flaw in women

Before I get started on the topic at hand, let me brief you on my time crunches....I had to take a moment today, just so that I can reach out to you people. I've been so immersed in work and at home, that I couldn't get to blog the last few days, so my due apologies. Although, I'm beginning to think that maybe I better stop apologising else, "SORRY" might soon become a word in my vocab, that doesn't really mean what it should've. I believe that when you talk, do it with a passion, so much so that your listener is totally enchanted, I don't know how much of that I actually implement.

FYI - The person who sent me this email, no offense to you, I'm just putting forward something that has been on my mind for a very long time now, and this email from you has made it a lot easier to launch my view. So, I plead you.....if you are reading this, don't take offense, it has nothing to do with you! Whew...now that I got that done, let's get to the point.

Going back to the issue, for starters, I got an email this morning, which made me go hmmmm......
This email is meant to remind us women what we are made of etc etc...BS..........I was like, "o Yeah, tell that to those hooligans calling themselves the 'Moral Police' , aka Shri Ram Sene". This is just irony at its best, I believe. I wish I had that Muthalik guy's email(wonder if he is allowed to use modern technology!!), I would surely forward it to him. My guess, he would hunt down all those people who have been forwarding this email and then think of someway to abuse them....imagine him doing that! ROFL!
Anyhoodle, I'll state my point of view first and then I'll showcase the contents of the email to you.
My first reaction on reading it was WTF? which world are we living in? Did someone hit a rewind button or something? I for one, am not that kind of a woman, I am a woman of today, I know what I want and I don't believe in slaving it out. I believe in equality of labor, love, and life, who says a woman is meant for just the assigned stuff, ofcourse we do that and a lot more too. But, if I'm angry, then the person (well, usually it's my hubs), sees the worst of me, when I'm sad, and happy like wise too.....but I'm not who will smile when I'm clearly so upset. I'm sure a lot of women I know are like me too, ofcourse there are still some girls, who are yet to come out of their cocoon, but in my gen, the word is, woman means power and equality. And I for one, am not willing to let go of it, coz I need to survive in this fast-paced world, just like any one else. So the content ends with the saying, "there is one flaw in women.....and it is they forget their worth". I went ballistic...............WHAT@$&*^^!#@ , haven't I said enough already?
Here, read it for yourself, and please tell me what you think about it. I might be wrong in someways, and I want to hear your opinion. Also, I would like to add, that in this day and age, even guys would agree with equality of men and women, don't you?

The One Flaw In Women 
 
By the time the Lord  made woman, 
He was into his sixth day of working overtime. 
An angel  appeared and said, 
'Why are you spending so much time on this one?' 
And  the Lord answered, 'Have you seen my spec sheet on her? 
She has to be  completely washable, but not plastic, 
have over 200 movable parts, all  replaceable 
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, 
have a lap that  can hold four children at one time, 
have a kiss that t can cure anything from  a scraped knee to a broken heart-and she will do everything with only two  hands.' 
 
The angel was astounded at the requirements. 
'Only two  hands!? No way! 
And that's just on the standard model? 
That's too much  work for one day. 
Wait until tomorrow to finish.' 
 
'But I won't, '  the Lord protested. 
'I am so close to finishing this creation that is so  close to my own heart. 
She already heals herself when she is sick AND can work 18 hour days.' 
 
The angel moved closer and touched  the woman. 
'But you have made her so soft, Lord.' 
 
'She is soft,' the  Lord agreed, 
' but I have also made her tough. 
You have no  idea what she can endure or accomplish.' 
 
'Will she be able to think? ', asked the angel. 
 
The Lord replied, 
'Not only will  she be able to think, 
she will be able to reason and  negotiate.' 
The angel then noticed something, 
and reaching  out, touched the woman's cheek. 
'Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this  model. 
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one.' 
 
'That's not a leak,' the Lord corrected, 
' that's a  tear!' 
'What's the tear for?' the angel asked. 
 
The Lord said, 'The  tear is her way of expressing her joy, 
her sorrow, her pain,  her disappointment, her love, 
her loneliness, her grief  and her pride.' 
The angel was impressed. 
'You are a genius, Lord. You  thought of everything! 
Woman is truly amazing.' 
 
And she is! 
Women have strengths that amaze men. 
They bear hardships and they carry  burdens, 
but they hold happiness, love and joy. 
They smile  when they want to scream. 
They sing when they want to cry. 
They cry when  they are happy 
and laugh when they are nervous. 
They  fight for what they believe in. 
They stand up to injustice. 
They don't take 'no' for an answer 
when they  believe there is a better solution. 
They go without so their  family can have. 
They go to the doctor with a frightened  friend. 
They love unconditionally. 
They cry  when their children excel 
and cheer when their friends get  awards. 
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a  wedding. 
Their hearts break when a friend dies. 
They grieve at the loss of a family member, 
yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. 
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart. 
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. 
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or  e-mail you 
to show how much they care about you. 
The  heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. 
They  bring joy, hope and love. 
They have compassion and ideals. 
They give moral support to their family and friends. 
Women have vital things to say and everything to give 
 
HOWEVER,  IF THERE IS ONE TINY FLAW IN WOMEN, 
 
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

 

PLEASE pass this  along to your friends and relatives 
to remind them just  how amazing they are. 

No comments: