Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This is it!

Last night was a lil better, I was able to get some sleep, atleast something is better than nothing right! I made dinner and cooking always helps me, one of my stress busters.....for me cooking is more of a therapy, I like to come up with new flavors for old favorites or new recipes altogether. Maybe its just my way of venting!
My sweet and dear cousin Y emailed me this morning and she wrote a poem for me to make me feel better, I wanted to share with everyone because it is very good. Here it is.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line
I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line
As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I walk the line
You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine, I walk the line
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line

Isn't that sweet?
Also, I got to think and I realised a few. I guess I'm feeling this way maybe coz I am not able to spend as much time as I would like to with my hubby and son, or maybe coz I am missing my dad (I've been thinking about him a lot lately), or maybe because I am not able to talk to my brother as much as I would love to!! But thank God for little mercies.....atleast I have my mom with me, after I go home, I sit down with her and we converse for a while. I know that she's safe and happy with me and that I can see her everyday. Maybe, I am also annoyed at myself for not being able to do anything for my mom, I wish my dad was here......atleast she wouldn't feel lonely. She never complains, but I always feel bad that she is alone inspite of having everyone, her life partner is missing, someone we all need as we grow older. I wish my dad were alive today, everything would be so different, I wish he could see and hold my son, he would be so happy and proud of us, I wish he met his son-in-law and see what a wonderful person he is.....I wish so much!

No comments: