Friday, July 25, 2008

good ones

"A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other." -- Charles Dickens

"Although a skillful flatterer is a most delightful companion if you have him all to yourself, his taste becomes very doubtful when he takes to complimenting other people. " -- Charles Dickens

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." --Groucho Marx

"Practically everybody in New York has half a mind to write a book, and does. " --
Groucho Marx

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. " -- Groucho Marx

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. " -- Groucho Marx

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. " -- Groucho Marx

"Humor is reason gone mad. " -- Groucho Marx

No comments: