Thursday, October 30, 2008

I don't understand why....

....in social networking sites work related persons are added as friends and in professional networking sites why relatives and personally related friends are added!!! Beats me!
Sometimes it makes me wonder, looking at how many friends some people have, wow that's an awful number of friends to maintain, must be a very popular individual!!! But are they just showing off, trying to boost their ego and image? And then there are some who add just about anyone.......just because they see someone's profile, they want to add them, and they send a message pleading you to add them as your friend! Duh......don't you have better things to do than have some random person as your friend? Kind of changes the definition of friend.

According to Merriam-Webster, a friend is: one attached to another by affection or esteem

I dont have any affection or any kind of esteem for a stranger! 
If I've met you even maybe once in life, you are not a friend to me, you are an absolute stranger! Maybe that is why my friend list is so small, and I am so contempt with that. I am more comfortable having people who know me see my profile. So my sole raison d'être on these n/w sites is to reconnect with longlost dosts, as opposed to showing off how many people I know or don't or met somewhere for a brief period, but somehow managed to become my friend.
This is just my avis de la matière and I'm sure all have their own.

Au Revoir and Joyeux réseau (Happy Networking!)!

P.S.: the reason for this blog-post is the article which was floating the web last week ....how an employee, got in troubled waters due to his Facebook status and another article I read which shows  whether a social networker is a narcissist. Both interesting reads.

No comments: