Friday, October 17, 2008

The Maestro has done it again!

Only when a legend like Gulzarji and a fine musician like AR Rahmanji come together can magic be created in the form of "Yuvvraaj". Awesome music, simply mindblowing lyrics. My faves are Tu Muskura, Zindagi, Tu Mera Dost Hain and Mastam Mastam....ok let me admit, I love all of them! So different music and perfect wording to go along, it touches your soul. I like how the tone of the song changes so beautifully in between in Tu Muskura (I just wish Chitra sang this one in place of Alka Yagnik). The western twist on the classical Manmohini is a classic. Only Rahmanji can do that. I am lost in this musical world. I love Mastam too.....very peppy and fun song, haven't heard that type before or even Dil Ka Rishta or Shano Shano is soo very alag from AR's music. 
Once again AR and Gulzar bring out the best in them and we appreciate their work as always, keeps gettin' better! 

Can anyone beat this? It reminds me of Gulzar's "Tujhse naaraz nahin zindagi"

Zindagi Zindagi,
Kya kami reh gayi?
Aankh ki kor mein,
Kyon nami reh gayi?

No comments: