Friday, September 19, 2008

Fusion instrument

I just came across a new word "Zitar". It is a musical instrument, technically it is a sitar but an electronic one and that too with just 5 strings. It has been crafted by Niladri Kumar. Zitar is not even a commercial instrument yet. But I think I like the sound of it. I guess he has used it in a few Bollywood songs, Alvida (KK is awesome in this), Crazy Kiya Re, Bheegi Bheegi, are among a few. I have to listen to them again, paying more attention to the background instruments this time. There are always so many beats in Pritam's compositions as opposed to melody, that it's hard to identify the instruments. But my master is one huge Pritam fan. Me too, some of his music is just out of the world. That reminds me, one of AR Rahman's latest offering, ADA, is simply mindblowing....all of them are awesome.
So, back to zitar.....I would like to know more on it....I think this instrument might be a hit with the new gen, bringing together the guitar and sitar....interesting. Well, since I am done with my knowledge base, I'll update later.
(something's wrong with the time on this blog, its 4:03 pm now, but the time is stuck at 9:15 am, blogspot is gone crazy)

No comments: