Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I pep talk with me

I haven't cooked a lot (read 'at all') for the past month. Thanks to my mom who has been doing all the cooking for me. These days my idea of lunch/dinner is either eating-out/togo/mom's cooking. I have become a lethargic bundle of bones and mass. So tonight, I decided I would whip up a pasta dish. I think I have rotini in the pantry, so have to come up with an appropriate recipe for that. Or maybe fettuccine? I am still in a quandary. I love pasta...hehe....carbs are always delicious, but you know, well, they are loaded. Ok, add some protein and veggies and there, you have a balanced meal. So, maybe I'll make some chicken pasta and side it with a simple green salad and finish it off with some turtle cheesecake. Ain't that a good lookin' meal? 
I'm wondering what's up with me ruminating about dinner just after my lunch! Forecasting is what I call it. I like my food and cooking to be organized. That reminds me, I have so much food in my pantry that needs to be consumed, now I need to chalk out a recipe plan over the weekend. 
I will blog tomorrow and post a picture(hoping), of the dinner. I just hope I remember to take a photograph before the food is devoured(wicked). Buona fortuna a me.

No comments: