Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Particle collider test succesful at CERN, Geneva

"European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) scientists applaud during the switch on operation of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the world's largest particle collider, at the CERN's control center, in Geneva, Switzerland, Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2008. The world's largest particle collider successfully completed its first major test by firing a beam of protons all the way around a 17-mile (27-kilometer) tunnel Wednesday in what scientists hope is the next great step to understanding the makeup of the universe. (AP Photo/Fabrice Coffrini, Pool)" 

Till now, I've just read about it in Dan Brown novels....now it's a reality. The way I had it imagined in my head, well, let's say I'm proud of myself for doing a good job at visualizing accurately, almost. When I was watching the Evening News with BW last nite, I was so excited to hear that segment, something I read about is for real! This is so exciting. Maybe the Big Bang theory now has a chance to prove itself! Hoping the mysteries of the universe will be solved sooner or later. Will this also mean something to the science-religion clash? I hope so and also hoping so many of the fundamental Physics questions will soon be answered. Who knows what humans might invent out of this outcome....so many possibilities and so many doors open towards invention. It's all just so exhilarating.

No comments: