Monday, September 29, 2008

My weekend.....

....was spent doing nothing at all. Attending to some household chores, attending to my master who was down with the flu, attending to myself for the same reasons, and showing off to my Mr. that I was sick so that I can be pampered more, but our master was the one who was thoroughly coddled by us both. 
Friday night was the night I prepared the 7-layer mexican dip, then Mr and I slouched in front of the TV, sipping on vino and watching the [well scripted] Presidential Debate(YAWN!!!). 
Watched a coupla movies, The Last Lear (brilliant!), and Saas Bahu aur Sensex(absolutely, mindblowingly riotous).
Then in the spirit of Ramzan, made some Mutton Biriyani(Yummm, thinking of it is making me hungry, it turned out awesome!), raita and Sheer Korma. Hubby and I devoured it! At times like this is when our Hyderabadi roots pop! Love our cuisine! Then, I thought to myself, I just am the best biriyani maker I am aware of, the Self Proclaimed Queen of Biriyani, and my Mr. also added to that saying that no one has ever come close to what I make. I am sounding bombastic aren't I? 
Well, now it's back to the work week.
P.S.: Don't ask me for the biriyani recipe, I will definitely not reveal that one. Sheer genius and absolute perfection are the main ingredients.

2 comments:

Pallavi said...

As i was reading thru this blog....thought finally the the famous biryani recipe is out there.... :) :) will wait for it
(but i understand....when you are sooo good at preparing smthn, you wudn't like versions of it being created)

Annie said...

Awww....you are soo sweet! It's nothing like that, am definitely not that good!