Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sad but true.

Issue: One of the last five ice shelves has broken away. It is about 19 sq mi and is one huge mass of ice.
Cause: Global warming.

It wont be long before the remaining ice shelves too break apart or shrink...then what?
No Arctic, no polar bears, no ice, just water water and more water. It is sad to think back and realise what we, humans, have done to our beautiful planet. We are certainly not leaving this planet with what we got, that one is for sure. Why are we misusing our resources? Why isn't there a balance?
An abundance of a resource at one place might call for paucity of the same at another place....is this fair? If that's what life is, then I'm sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure, this isn't natural, it's what we made of what we got, and I for one am certainly not too proud of this. This is very much disturbing.

Now, take some action and gone are the days when we could take small steps to get a little closer to the reality of Global warming, we need to take huge leaps to prevent our planet from deteriorating. This is bad enough now. I want my future generations to live free lives, not dependent on artificial stuff.

I will definitely make huge changes in my life, and hopefully inspire others around me to do the same. I am optimistic that you will also do the same.

Please save our beautiful planet from global warming and meltdowns.




This beautiful pic is taken from Apollo 17.
Courtesy: Wikipedia.

No comments: